Southern Wesleyan University is seeking to fill an Accounting faculty position within its School of Business. This is a 12-month, tenure track position which will begin August 1, 2013. The primary location will be at SWU’s main campus in Central with some travel required to other learning centers in the state. The university is actively seeking to increase the number of women and minorities within its faculty.
- Teaching responsibilities are primarily students in SWU’s undergraduate traditional and, as needed, in the adult studies programs. Includes both face-to-face and online modalities.
- Advising traditional undergraduate students.
- Curriculum and program development.
- Engage in program assessment.
- Pursue an active research program and/or publish in journals in related field.
- Engage in service activities.
- Serve on assigned committees related to university functions.
- Academic. An earned doctorate or DBA in Accounting and CPA is preferred. The entry level of the candidate will be determined by terminal degree, qualifications and experience.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations. To view the university’s profile, visit About SWU.
- Technology. SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and familiar with the use of technology within the academic environment including distance learning and learning management systems, web-based, and PC applications including all Microsoft Office applications.
Interested faculty applicants should submit the following materials:
- A letter of application
- A curriculum vitae
- Copies of unofficial transcripts
- A SWU faculty application (select Faculty Application link)
Submit all application materials electronically to or by fax to 864-644-5968; or by mail to Dr. Keith Iddings, Provost, Southern Wesleyan University, 907 Wesleyan Drive/P.O. Box 1020, Central, SC 29630. For additional information, you may contact 864-644-5002.