Full-time Business Faculty-Health Care Administration - Central, SC
Southern Wesleyan University invites applications for a full-time Business faculty position in the area of Health Care Administration. This is a 12-month, tenure track position which will begin immediately. The successful candidate will be based in Central, South Carolina at the main campus; some travel is required to other learning centers in the state. The candidate selected would be expected to spearhead and develop health care management classes in both the undergraduate and MBA programs. This position is available immediately.
Southern Wesleyan University does not discriminate in hiring and employment practices on the basis of race, national origin, sex, physical handicap, age, or veteran status of the applicant. To be considered for employment, however, applicants must complete an application for employment and a questionnaire giving evidence of a Christian testimony and of a willingness to support the beliefs and practices of the campus community.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses at the graduate level in health care administration and leadership. This position requires proficiency in the online learning environment, teaching adult learners, and the ability to mentor part-time faculty.
- Duties include actively assisting the Dean in promoting the program, developing program curriculum, reviewing and revising syllabi and online courses, assisting students with internships, and fostering contacts with professional organizations. Additional responsibilities include conducting periodic reviews of the effectiveness of the program to support accreditation and university assessment needs, as well as engaging in scholarly research and professional development activities, and participating in service to the university and community.
- Academic. A Ph.D./D.H.A degree in health care administration, health policy, health care informatics, or a terminal degree in a relevant management and health care-related field is required. Relevant industry experience or applied research is strongly preferred. Also required are strong oral and written communication skills, an excellent understanding of education principles and methodologies, and exceptional leadership and organizational abilities.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations. To view the university’s profile, visit About SWU.
- Technology. SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and familiar with the use of technology within the academic environment including distance learning and learning management systems, web-based, and PC applications including all Microsoft Office applications.
Interested faculty applicants should submit the following materials:
- A letter of application
- A curriculum vitae
- Copies of unofficial transcripts
- A SWU faculty application
Submit all application materials electronically to or by fax to 864-644-5968; or by mail to Office of the Provost, Southern Wesleyan University, 907 Wesleyan Drive/P.O. Box 1020, Central, SC 29630. For additional information, you may contact 864-644-5002.