Full-time Business Faculty
Southern Wesleyan University invites applications for a full time Business faculty position in the area of Logistics/Supply Chain Management/Production & Operations Management/Quantitative Analysis. The successful candidate may choose to serve at learning centers in Charleston, Columbia or North Augusta—all located within South Carolina; some travel is required to other learning centers in the state. This is a 12-month, tenure-track position. Due to the nature of SWU’s year-round Adult and Graduate Studies (AGS) program, the start date for this position is negotiable.
- Teaching responsibilities are primarily students in SWU’s adult degree programs and, as needed, in the traditional programs. Includes both face-to-face and online modalities. Courses include Quantitative Analysis, Production and Operations Management and Logistics/Supply Chain Management.
- Curriculum and program development.
- Engage in program and course assessment.
- Pursue an active research program and/or publish in journals in related field.
- Engage in service activities.
- Serve on assigned committees related to university functions.
- Academic. Required - An earned doctorate in business with a concentration logistics, supply chain management, business, or a related discipline. Relevant industry experience or applied research is strongly preferred. The entry level of the candidate will be determined by qualifications and experience.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations. To view the university’s profile, visit About SWU.
- Technology. SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and familiar with the use of technology within the academic environment including distance learning and learning management systems, web-based, and PC applications including all Microsoft Office applications.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening.
Interested faculty applicants should submit the following materials:
- A letter of application
- A curriculum vitae
- Copies of unofficial transcripts
- A SWU faculty application
Submit all application materials electronically to or by fax to 864-644-5968; or by mail to Dr. Keith Iddings, Provost, Southern Wesleyan University, 907 Wesleyan Drive/P.O. Box 1020, Central, SC 29630. For additional information, you may contact 864-644-5002.