Full-time Computer Science Faculty - Central, SC
Southern Wesleyan University’s College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for an assistant professor level, tenure-track position in Computer Science within its Science Division. This position, which will begin August 2015, is located at SWU’s main campus in Central, South Carolina.
SWU does not discriminate in hiring and employment practices on the basis of race, national origin, sex, physical handicap, age, or veteran status of the applicant. To be considered for employment, however, applicants must complete an application for employment and a questionnaire giving evidence of a Christian testimony and of a willingness to support the beliefs and practices of the campus community.
- Responsibilities include teaching and advising students as well as committee and faculty involvement as directed by the university. Experience in the field of Networking is important for the position. Responsibilities may include teaching in both our traditional undergraduate program and teaching working adults in the university’s evening program. SWU faculty carry a 12-hour/semester load.
- Program development and student recruitment.
- Active in the scholarship of the discipline through active research, productive in the industry, and/or publishing in journals.
- Demonstrate servant-leadership by engaging in service activities within the university and the larger community.
- Academic. A completed PhD in Computer Science is preferred; an ABD would be considered. The successful candidate will have an interest in and experience in teaching computer science courses. Desire and/or experience in integrating Christian faith with the teaching and practice of the discipline of computer science is essential. The entry level of the candidate will be determined by terminal degree, qualifications, and experience.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations. To view the university’s profile, visit About SWU. To learn more about The Wesleyan Church, visit http://www.wesleyan.org/about.
- Technology. SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and familiar with the use of technology within the academic environment including distance learning and learning management systems.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening.
Interested faculty applicants should submit the following materials:
- A letter of application
- A curriculum vitae
- Copies of unofficial transcripts
- A SWU faculty application
Submit all application materials electronically to , or by mail to Human Resources, Southern Wesleyan University, 907 Wesleyan Drive/P.O. Box 1020, Central, SC 29630. For additional information, you may contact 864-644-5005.