Full-time Mathematics Faculty
Southern Wesleyan University’s College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for an assistant professor level, tenure-track position in Mathematics within its Science Division. This position, which will begin August 2014, is located at SWU’s main campus in Central, South Carolina.
- Teaching responsibilities include students in SWU’s undergraduate traditional program and courses taught could include quantitative reasoning, algebra and trigonometry, applied calculus, discrete mathematics, a 3-course calculus sequence, college geometry, linear algebra, abstract algebra, differential equations, math analysis, advanced calculus, or statistics. SWU faculty carry a 12-hour/semester load.
- Program development and student recruitment.
- Active in the scholarship of the discipline through active research and/or publishing in journals.
- Demonstrate servant-leadership by engaging in service activities within the university and the larger community.
- Academic. A completed PhD in Mathematics, or possibly Mathematical Physics, is preferred; an ABD would be considered. The successful candidate will have an interest in and experience in teaching mathematical courses listed above and an active research agenda. Desire and/or experience in integrating the Christian faith with the teaching and practice of the discipline of Mathematics are essential. The entry level of the candidate will be determined by terminal degree, qualifications, and experience.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations. To view the university’s profile, visit About SWU.
- Technology. SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and familiar with the use of technology within the academic environment including distance learning and learning management systems, web-based programs, and PC applications, including all Microsoft Office applications.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening.
Interested faculty applicants should submit the following materials:
- A letter of application
- A curriculum vitae
- Copies of unofficial transcripts
- A SWU faculty application
Submit all application materials electronically to , by fax to 864-644-5968; or by mail to Dr. Keith Iddings, Provost, Southern Wesleyan University, 907 Wesleyan Drive/P.O. Box 1020, Central, SC 29630. For additional information, you may contact 864-644-5002.