Admissions Coordinator - Charleston, SC
Reporting to the Regional Director of Recruitment Services (Charleston), the Admissions Coordinator serves as a member of Southern Wesleyan University’s Adult and Graduate Studies (AGS) admissions team, and is responsible for the recruitment of potential students for the onsite and online programs offered by the university. Admissions Coordinators are responsible for the achievement of assigned recruitment goals in a manner that supports the enrollment goals of the university. The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for all phases of the admission process, from successfully marketing the programs to qualify students for admission selection and enrollment.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for assigned inquiries and applicants.
- Determines eligibility for admission of potential students.
- Schedules and conducts informational meetings for potential students.
- Provides diligent correspondence to potential students related to applications, transcripts, etc.
- Communicates with potential students via phone, e-mail and face-to-face.
- Conducts effective phone presentations and interviews with each potential student.
- Tracks the student application process in the database.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Obtains referrals from current and potential students.
- Works in cooperation with enrollment staff and other university personnel to facilitate enrollment.
- Visits companies, high schools and technical colleges to promote the university
- A bachelor’s degree is required; prior experience in communications, marketing, sales or recruitment is preferred.
- Strong communications skills and relational abilities are essential.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Must be a goal-oriented self-starter with the ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to relate well to working professionals.
- SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals; the ideal candidate will be familiar with integrated database management systems, including reporting, and have a high comfort level with web-based, mobile and PC applications including but not limited to the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing and able to travel within the assigned recruitment region.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations. For more information, visit About SWU and The Wesleyan Church's website.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements. Visual acuity necessary to do editorial work, proof documents, and manage files. Ability to sit for periods of time in an interior office environment. May require infrequent lifting objects up to 10 pounds, and occasionally items up to 20 pounds. May require employee to infrequently work outside of regular work schedule for special events.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a background screening check.
Salary Level VII - $37,768/year with benefits. This is a regular, 12-month, full-time, exempt position.
Interested applicants must send a completed staff application with a cover letter and résumé by e-mail to Keri Stewart, Human Resources Coordinator, by email to or by fax to 864-644-5980, or by mail to: