Admissions Coordinator - Columbia, SC
Reporting to the Regional Director of Recruitment Services (Columbia), the Admissions Coordinator serves as a member of Southern Wesleyan University’s Adult and Graduate Studies (AGS) admissions team, and is responsible for the recruitment of potential students for the onsite and online programs offered by the university. Admissions Coordinators are responsible for the achievement of assigned recruitment goals in a manner that supports the enrollment goals of the university. The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for all phases of the admission process, from successfully marketing the programs to qualify students for admission selection and enrollment.
- Attend networking meetings, such as Chamber of Commerce functions and other business events, with the purpose of promoting AGS programs and connecting with key influencers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with businesses, technical colleges, government agencies and school districts as part of the strategic networking plan.
- Assist with the identification of networking opportunities and recruitment opportunities.
- Conduct presentations that provide information about AGS programs to groups of potential students and key influencers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with potential students via face to face meetings, email correspondence, written communication and phone outreach.
- Schedule and conduct informational meetings with potential students.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for assigned inquiries, applicants and admitted students throughout the enrollment process.
- Track student application and supporting documents in the database.
- Provide potential students with timely updates related to the enrollment process.
- Document all incoming and outgoing communication with potential students in the database.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Financial Aid, Student Accounts and Academic Records with the purpose of providing potential students with a high level of customer service.
- Seek referrals from current students, potential students, and alumni.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; prior experience in sales, marketing, communications, or recruitment is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and relational abilities are essential.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Must have your own car and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a goal-oriented self-motivated with the ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to relate well to working professionals in the business and education community
- SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals; the ideal candidate will be familiar with integrated database management systems, including reporting, and have a high comfort level with web-based, mobile and PC applications including but not limited to the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing and able to travel within the assigned recruitment region.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations. For more information, visit About SWU and The Wesleyan Church's website.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements. Visual acuity necessary to do editorial work, proof documents, and manage files. Ability to sit for periods of time in an interior office environment. May require infrequent lifting objects up to 10 pounds, and occasionally items up to 20 pounds. May require employee to infrequently work outside of regular work schedule for special events.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a background screening check.
This is a regular, full-time, exempt positon. Salary Level VII - $37,768/year.
Interested applicants must send a completed staff application with a cover letter and résumé by e-mail to , or by mail to: