Admissions Coordinator - Greenville, SC
The Admissions Coordinator serves as a member of Southern Wesleyan University’s Adult and Graduate Studies (AGS) admissions team, and is responsible for the recruitment of potential students for the onsite and online programs offered by the university. Admissions Coordinators are responsible for the achievement of assigned recruitment goals in a manner that supports the enrollment goals of the university. The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for all phases of the admission process, from successfully marketing the programs to qualifying students for admission selection and enrollment.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for assigned inquiries, applicants and admitted students.
- Schedules and conducts informational meetings with potential students and key influencers.
- Provides diligent correspondence to potential students related to the enrollment process.
- Communicates on a regular basis with potential students via phone, e-mail and face-to-face.
- Tracks and maintains information on the potential student in the shared database.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Obtains referrals from current and potential students.
- Works in cooperation with enrollment staff and other university personnel to facilitate enrollment.
- Visits companies, schools and technical colleges to promote the university.
- Participates in outside networking events such as Chamber meetings and other professional groups.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; prior experience in communications, marketing, sales or recruitment is preferred.
- Strong communications skills and relational abilities are essential.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Must be a goal-oriented self-starter with the ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to relate well to working professionals.
- SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals; the ideal candidate will be familiar with integrated database management systems, including reporting, and have a high comfort level with web-based, mobile and PC applications including but not limited to the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing and able to travel within the assigned recruitment region.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations. For university profile, visit About SWU. To learn more about The Wesleyan Church, visit http://www.wesleyan.org/about.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements. Visual acuity necessary to do editorial work, proof documents, and manage files. Ability to sit for periods of time in an interior office environment. May require infrequent lifting objects up to 10 pounds, and occasionally items up to 20 pounds. May require employee to infrequently work outside of regular work schedule for special events.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a background screening.
This is an exempt, full-time, 12-month position.
Interested applicants must send a completed staff application with a cover letter and résumé by e-mail to Keri Stewart, Human Resources Coordinator, by email to or by mail to: