Athletic Trainer Intern - Central, SC
Southern Wesleyan University, a private, four-year, Christ centered liberal arts institution, is accepting applications for the position of Athletic Training Intern. SWU is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA II) and is also the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA). SWU currently competes in Conference Carolinas.
Located in the upstate region of South Carolina, Southern Wesleyan University sits just minutes from Clemson University of the ACC. Southern Wesleyan University is dedicated to the concept that God is the source of all truth and wisdom. Its mission is to create an atmosphere in which members of the university community work together toward wholeness through the integration of personal faith, intellectual pursuits, and practical living. The university seeks to meet the needs of students with various abilities and backgrounds, enabling them to realize their personal and professional educational goals.
Supervisor: Director of Athletics and Head ATC
The Athletic Training Intern will be paid a $17,000 stipend for a 10 month appointment. The successful candidate will assist the Head Athletic Trainer with the daily operation of the athletic training room. Responsibilities include prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of the athletic injuries in all 17 sports programs, along with practice and event coverage. Applicants must be willing to work weekends, evenings and during scheduled breaks.
Bachelor’s Degree, NATABOC certification and current or eligible for South Carolina State certification required. Applicant must also be current in FA/CPR/AED. The ability to work cooperatively in a “team” setting is essential.
Responsibilities begin August 1st, 2016.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements
- Visual acuity necessary to do editorial work, proof documents and web content, and manage files.
- Requires frequent work in an outside environment (athletic events) and ability to sit for periods of time in an interior office environment. Requires travel or work outside of regular work schedule for events or travel.
- May require infrequent lifting or moving of objects/equipment between 50 to100 pounds, and occasionally items up to 25 pounds.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening and credit check.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants must send a completed staff application with a cover letter and résumé to:
Director of Athletics, Chris R. Williams at Southern Wesleyan University, 907 Wesleyan Drive,
P.O. Box 1020, Central, SC 29630 or by e-mail at . Staff applications can be found on-line at www.swu.edu.
Applicants will only be contacted if their qualifications and experience match the requirements for this position. ONLY EMAIL INQUIRIES WILL BE RESPONDED TO. PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.