Athletic Trainer Intern - Central, SC
Southern Wesleyan University is currently seeking to fill two (2) Athletic Trainer Intern positions within its Athletics Department. These 10-month paid internships are available August 1, 2015.
SWU is a candidacy year two member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA). SWU is a new member of Conference Carolinas, within the NCAA Division II.
The Athletic Trainer Intern reports directly to the Athletic Director and will assist the Head Athletic Trainer with the daily operation of the athletic training room. Responsibilities include prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries in all of Southern Wesleyan University’s 15 sports programs, along with practice and event coverage. Applicants must be willing to work weekends, evenings and during scheduled breaks.
- Bachelor’s degree with athletic training concentration.
- NATABOC certification and current or eligible for South Carolina State Certification required.
- Must also be current in FA/CPR/AED.
- The ability to work cooperatively in a “team” setting is essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals; the ideal candidate will be familiar with integrated database management systems, including reporting, and have a high comfort level with web-based, mobile and PC applications including but not limited to the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements. Visual acuity necessary to do editorial work, proof documents and manage files. Requires frequent work in an outside environment (athletic events) and ability to sit for periods of time in an interior office environment. Requires travel or work outside of regular work schedule for events or travel. May require infrequent lifting or moving of objects/equipment between 50 to100 pounds, and occasionally items up to 25 pounds.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening.
This is a 10-month, temporary assignment; non-exempt. Averages less than 30 hours/week. A stipend of $17,000 will be paid over the 10-month internship. No benefits available.
A review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants must send a completed staff application, cover letter and résumé via email to , or by mail to:
Applicants will only be contacted if their qualifications and experience match the requirements for this position. ONLY EMAIL INQUIRIES WILL BE RESPONDED TO. PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.