Events and Stage Manager - Central, SC
The Events and Stage Manager will be responsible for maintenance and production of events in the Newton Hobson Auditorium. This will include chapel services, fine arts events, university sponsored concerts, and outside groups who rent this facility. This position will report to the Director of Worship and Discipleship and also work closely with Conference Services.
- Serve as facility manager of Newton Hobson Chapel and Fine Arts Center and as Conference Services liaison.
- Responsible for all media production values for events in the auditorium, accomplished in an aesthetically pleasing and professional manner.
- Prepare stage for all rehearsal and productions for Spiritual Life, Fine Arts and community events. Stores and secures equipment after all events.
- Manage both paid and volunteer staff.
- Meet the public in a cordial manner and ascertain their needs.
- Record and archive events through a YouTube account.
- Maintain and inventory all audio-visual equipment, communicating with maintenance and IT staff for needed repairs and supplies.
- Develop budget for new technology and improved equipment.
- Work in conjunction with Spiritual Life and Ministry staff regarding vision casting, social outreach and long range planning.
- Minimum education requirement is an associate’s degree; strongly prefer a bachelor’s degree in a related field such as business, computer science, or media communication.
- Minimum experience is two years’ of stage/production management or related field.
- Must possess general knowledge of staging, lighting, and sound.
- Must have general knowledge of sound and light boards, general video camera operation and maintenance, and video switching.
- Must be a self-starter who can plan ahead, make decisions, and has a vision for events/chapels in a university setting.
- SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals; the ideal candidate will be familiar with integrated database management systems, including reporting, and have a high comfort level with web-based, mobile and PC applications including but not limited to the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). In addition the ideal candidate should be proficient in ProPresenter 5, Planning Center Online, Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects, and must be able to manage a YouTube account.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements. Visual and auditory acuity necessary to do staging, lighting, and sound production. Requires ability to work in an auditorium setting and will include the infrequent lifting of objects that may be at least 50 lbs.This position requires work outside of the normal work day. Must be able to work evening and weekends and understand that the work schedule will change according to the time of scheduled events.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening.
This is a regular, part-time, non-exempt position. Salary Level IV (10-month work scheduled; approx. 25 hours/week).
The application review process will begin immediately. Interested applicants must send a completed staff application with a cover letter and résumé by e-mail to , by fax to 864-644-5980, or by mail to:
Posted November 13, 2015