Faculty Development Coordinator - Central, SC
The Faculty Development Coordinator (FDC) will organize faculty development activities for both full- and part-time faculty that are designed to promote teaching excellence and enhance student learning, research and scholarship, and integration of faith while building community around the discourse of teaching and learning. The FDC reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Curriculum and Instruction and is located in the Center for Transformational Learning (CTL). This position is available July 1, 2014.
Working collaboratively with members of various departments, the Faculty Development Coordinator will:
- Organize faculty workshops (required for all full-time faculty).
- Organize Faculty Cornerstone and Faculty Colloquia.
- Design and provide training for course writers.
- Design and provide course-related training for all faculty (full-time and adjunct) teaching within AGS.
- Maintain web-based, robust instructional materials for each course.
- Assist with the coordination and facilitation of major course revisions through curriculum caucuses.
- Prepare reports as requested.
- Others duties as assigned.
- A master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in education or a related field is required. At least five years of experience teaching and designing courses within higher education is required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sound knowledge of pedagogical theory, methods, and approaches.
- Experience developing and implementing pedagogical workshops.
- Experience integrating technology into the curriculum.
- Strong project management skills in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse constituencies is essential.
- SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals. In addition to the technology requirements stated above, the ideal candidate will be familiar with integrated database management systems, including reporting, and have a high comfort level with web-based, mobile and PC applications including but not limited to the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). In addition, experience with learning management systems (LMS) is strongly preferred.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements. Visual acuity necessary to work on a computer, do editorial work, proof documents, and manage files.Requires ability to sit for periods of time in an interior office environment. May require infrequent lifting of objects up to 10 pounds, and occasionally items up to 20 pounds.May require occasional travel or work outside of regular work schedule for special events.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening.
This is a regular, full-time, 12-month, salaried, non-exempt position. Salary Level VIII - $42,918/year.
Interested applicants must send a completed staff application with a cover letter and résumé by e-mail to , by fax to 864-644-5980, or by mail to: