Graphic Designer and Coordinator - Central, SC
Located at Southern Wesleyan University's main campus in Central, South Carolina, the Graphic Designer and Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director of Marketing and supports the development and production of various university publications including brochures, flyers, advertisements, special event programs, web pieces and other printed or web-based pieces. This position will assist in overseeing services provided by external vendors to secure estimates, timelines, quality production and delivery. This position is immediately available.
- Coordinates the design and production of print materials for the university.
- Assists with the establishment and enforcement of university brand standards.
- Provides direction, support and production as needed to departments developing internal and external communications.
- Provide graphic elements appropriate to the print and digital environment.
- Secures estimates, manages timelines, evaluates quality, and delivery of all printed materials.
- Coordinates bulk mail distribution.
- Maintains relationships with print vendors, external contacts and internal contacts.
- Maintains an archive of all printed pieces.
- Performs administrative duties and other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Marketing.
- Education. An associate degree in graphic arts, design, or marketing is required; a bachelor degree in graphic arts, design, or marketing is preferred.
- Experience. Minimum of one year of experience in graphic design field is preferred.
- Skills. Proficient with Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop; ability to create artwork and layouts for both print and web; a strong skillset in print layout is preferred.
- Knowledge. Strong skillset in marketing photography is beneficial, but not required; innovative and relevant layout principles; typography; color theory; aesthetic design concepts; the printing process and pre-press requirements.
- Behavior. Detailed-orientated and organized; entrepreneurial and creative; self-managing and able to meet stringent deadlines while managing multiple projects; communication and relational abilities to succeed within a team environment.
- Technology. SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals; the ideal candidate will be familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Ability to work in the Apple operating system platform is required.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements. Visual acuity necessary to do editorial work, proof documents, and work on a computer screen for most hours in a work day. Requires ability to sit for periods of time in an interior office environment. May require infrequent lifting of objects up to 10 pounds, and occasionally items up to 20 pounds.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening.
This is a regular, full-time, non-exempt position. Salary Level IV - $28,506/year.
Interested applicants must send a completed staff application with a cover letter and résumé by e-mail to , by fax to 864-644-5980, or by mail to: