Head Women's Softball Coach - Central, SC
Southern Wesleyan University (SWU), a private, four-year Christian liberal arts institution, is accepting applications for the position of Head Women's Softball Coach. This position is immediately available.
Located in the upstate region of South Carolina, SWU sits just minutes from Clemson University of the ACC.
SWU is a candidacy year one member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA). SWU is a new member of Conference Carolinas, within the NCAA Division II.
Southern Wesleyan University does not discriminate in hiring and employment practices on the basis of race, national origin, sex, physical handicap, age, or veteran status of the applicant. To be considered for employment, however, applicants must complete an application for employment and a questionnaire giving evidence of a Christian testimony and of a willingness to support the beliefs and practices of the campus community.
- Game day management.
- Coaching, discipleship/mentoring, recruiting, scheduling.
- Supervising assistant coach and support staff.
- Managing budget.
- Ensuring program compliance with rules, regulations, and policies of NCAA, NCCAA and the university.
- Program/policy development.
- Depending on prior experience and background, possible additional duties such as a sport specific event management and additional Athletic department responsibilities could be considered.
- Earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Requires two to three years of successful high school, college, or private coaching experience; three to five years of successful college-level coaching experience or equivalent is preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively one-on-one, in small groups, and in public speaking contexts.
- Proven ability to communicate ideas and priorities effectively to promote teamwork and achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills and an ability to assess the team’s competitive strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrated skill in making strategic recommendations to enhance the team’s performance.
- Must possess experience in fundraising, program/policy development, program marketing, and budget management.
- Successful candidates should display commitment to self-motivation.
- SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals; the ideal candidate will be familiar with integrated database management systems, including reporting, and have a high comfort level and strong aptitude for web-based, mobile and PC applications including but not limited to the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Must have or develop a mastery of Jenzabar and/or any additional web-based platform adopted by the university to aid the advancement and development functions.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations. For more information, visit About SWU.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements. Visual acuity necessary for working on desktop PC or laptop. Requires light to medium physical exertion including sitting, walking, standing, and occasional lifting up to 25 pounds. Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record; significant travel required. Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion of a criminal background screening and credit check.
This is a ten-month position that includes all aspects of leading and managing a program within the guidelines of the NCAA and NCCAA. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position includes competitive benefits.
APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED FOR THIS POSITION.