Reference Librarian (Part-time) - Central, SC
This position serves as part of the reference team for the Rickman Library. The primary focus of the librarians is to provide quality service to our students, faculty, and staff. This includes students located on the main campus in Central and those who attend classes at our regional learning centers or online. This librarian will help meet this goal, in part, by providing services at various times according to the needs of the library schedule, which will include evening and Saturday schedules.
- Provide reference assistance for university students, including traditional face-to-face and non-traditional students, including those in distance learning programs.
- Perform basic library operational duties, including circulation and building supervision.
- Indirectly supervise work study assistants.
- Participate in library planning and the development of library policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of library informational resources, such as LibGuides.
- Assist in collection development.
- Participate in the provision of library instruction activities in collaboration with faculty and other librarians.
- Perform other projects and responsibilities based on the skills and interests of the individual and the needs of the library.
- MLS degree or equivalent from ALA accredited institution.
- Experience with providing high quality reference services using print and online resources via various formats, including virtual means. Prefer experience in an academic environment.
- Prefer experience working with electronic and multimedia technologies for learning.
- Prefer experience with information literacy activities.
- Prefer experience working with integrated library computer system.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse constituents.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements. Visual acuity necessary to do editorial work, proof documents, and manage files.Requires ability to sit for periods of time in an interior office environment. May require infrequent lifting of objects up to 10 pounds, and occasionally items up to 20 pounds.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening.
This is a regular, part-time, non-exempt position;
APPLICATION PROCESS CLOSED