Clemson Elementary students visit historic church at SWU
She told the story of Adam Crooks, the church’s young minister, who loved God and hated slavery. Freedom’s Hill, originally built in 1848 in the Snow Camp community of North Carolina, was relocated to the university’s campus in 2000. Bryant is executive director of alumni and constituent relations at Southern Wesleyan. More than 100 students visited Freedom’s Hill as part of a social studies field trip that also included the Central Heritage Museum, Collins Ole Town and the Central Railway Museum.