Tourism professionals visit Freedom’s Hill Church
Southern Wesleyan University hosted a group of travel writers touring the Upstate recently as part of a Familiarization Tour, coordinated by the Mountain Lakes Convention and Visitors Bureau, South Carolina National Heritage Corridor and South Carolina Parks, Recreation and Tourism. The bus load of tourism professionals visited historic Freedom’s Hill Church, located on the university’s campus in Central. The church, originally constructed in 1848 at Snow Camp, N.C., was moved to Southern Wesleyan’s campus in 2000. Freedom’s Hill was selected as a stop for the tour of attractions in Pickens, Anderson and Oconee counties.