Quality Enhancement Project (QEP) Resources
- Expectations for Faculty Teaching QEP III Courses
- Suggestions for QEP Project Success
- TUTORIAL VIDEO: Assessing Student Work within Chalk & Wire
Resources for your Students:
- Students should go to Tutoring/Accommodations in MySWU and click on "Chalk & Wire" to find resources to help them create a QEP portfolio and upload content.
Ideas for Helping Students with Information Literacy
Ensure they have tools to evaluate sources they find online
- An Evaluating Sources Rubric is available on the Rickman Library Website
Require students to use best practices for citing sources, even when not doing research-based assignments
- Have them do an informal works consulted page
Have them find a print source BEFORE you have them find it electronically
- Sources that have different physical formats all look the SAME in databases.
- Seeing the print sources helps them understand what they are looking at, and what they are looking for.
Bring them in to the library
- Can be a formal instruction session, or something very informal
- We suggest bringing them in closer to the time an assignment is due, rather than at the very beginning of the semester. Or, do two mini-sessions instead of one large session.
- We also have a variety of virtual options for reaching students remotely and/or in the AGS program
Work with us to create a video tutorial about resources for your course or assignment
- Can be for an entire course, or specific assignment, or part of an assignment
- See examples on the library website by clicking on “Research Guides” on the right-hand side.