Undergraduate Enrollment Requirements - Evening Programs
To be considered for admission to the adult undergraduate programs at Southern Wesleyan University, candidates must meet one of the following three criteria:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have at least 24 transferrable undergraduate credits
- Give evidence of at least two years full-time employment
Enrollment Requirements for Associate and Bachelor Degree Programs
- Submission of a completed application for adult evening programs.
- $25 non-refundable application fee.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum high school cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Home school students must provide evidence of membership in an approved home school association and provide an official transcript with a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale; otherwise, applicant must submit GED scores.
- Transfer students who have attended other colleges or universities must provide official transcripts from each school attended as well as an official high school transcript. Be sure to include military transcripts, if applicable. Student must have earned a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA for all college work attempted. International transcripts must be evaluated by an approved agency. American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers can do this evaluation, and National Association of Credential Evaluation Services provides a list of approved agencies. From the NACES list, Southern Wesleyan recommends using World Education Services or Josef Silny.
- For applicants for whom English is a second language, official TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper test), 213 (computer test) or equivalent evidence of proficiency in English.
Download the Admissions Checklist (pdf) to assist in the enrollment process.
Learn more about transfer credits from accredited colleges and universities.
If you have any questions regarding admission requirements for your degree program, please contact your local program representative.