High School Dual Enrollment
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS AND HOME SCHOOL STUDENTS enrolled in their junior or senior year may take courses at Southern Wesleyan University to receive dual credit for high school and college. Students must complete an application for admission and have permission from their guidance counselor or principal. Space is limited, so get started today!
- Complete up to 18 semester hours of college credit while in high school.
- Graduate high school with accredited college credit that will transfer to most universities or colleges.
- Reduce the cost of college tuition. The cost for high school and home school students is 10% of part-time tuition, plus a technology fee of $15 per credit hour. A typical college course is three credit hours. Click here to see tuition costs.
- Enrich your high school years by taking college-level courses.
- Earn dual credit if approved by your high school or home school.
- Get a head start on college.
- Classes are offered at convenient times to work with your high school schedule.
Get Started Today
- Fill out an online application. When filling out the online application, choose “Gateway” as the type of student.
- Complete the Gateway permission form and return it to the SWU Admissions Office with your application.
- Choose the class(es) you are interested in by contacting the Admissions Office at 864.644.5550 and you will receive instructions on further steps for enrollment.