Freshmen Application Requirements
If you’re applying as an incoming freshman, you must have:
- A high school diploma or its equivalent. Your high school courses should include at least:
- Four units of English (college-preparation or equivalent)
- Two units of science
- Two units of social studies
- Two units of mathematics
- A GPA of 2.3 (or rank in upper half of your graduating class at time of acceptance)
- A composite SAT score of 860 (based on the critical reading/verbal and math sections) or an ACT score of 18
- Complete your application (by phone, online, or PDF) and submit it along with your $25 (U.S. dollars) application fee (non-refundable).
- Have your official high school transcript sent to us.
- Request that your SAT or ACT test score be sent to us.
- The ACT school code for Southern Wesleyan University is 3837.
- The SAT school code for Southern Wesleyan University is 5896.
Once accepted, you will need to:
- Complete the FAFSA (school code for Southern Wesleyan University is 003422).
- Complete the Southern Wesleyan University physical examination form (pdf).
- Submit the housing form (pdf) and the $200 (U.S. dollars) security deposit (for residents students only).
- Pay the $200 (U.S. dollars) tuition deposit.
- Register for new student orientation.
Don’t hesitate to contact a member of our Admissions staff. You can reach us by phone at 1-864-644-5550 or 1-800-C-U-AT-SWU or email at .
All forms and information can be sent to:
Office of Admissions – Box 1928
Southern Wesleyan University
PO Box 1020
Central, SC 29630-9989