New Student Orientation
Spring Orientation - January 9, 2016
Note: this new student orientation is for traditional program students starting this fall. This is not for new adult evening or online students.
Medical Release Form - must be completed and returned before class registration
To prepare you for your life as a SWU Warrior, we have a new student orientation on January 9, 2016.
Several things are going to happen during this training period:
- You will have a chance to confirm your class schedule and conclude the registration process.
- You will have an opportunity to move-in and set-up your residential living space. If you are a commuter, there will be several sessions to help you meet other commuter students.
- You will learn about resources available on campus to assist you in your success.
- You will meet other students, faculty, and staff committed to your ongoing success as a SWU student.
- We will help you reduce the anxiety that occurs during the transition to college life
- We will introduce you to the traditions and culture of our community.
New and Transfer students can register here for Warrior Training orientation.
There are other resources available to you. If you look at the left sidebar, you will see links to the orientation schedule, orientation meal information, and a checklist of items that need to be completed during orientation. You should check back periodically as we will continue to update this information the closer we get to Warrior Training.
Special Note to Parents
Parents and other family members are welcomed to join us. In fact, we have a very special lunch incorporated into the schedule. Meal tickets for parents and other guests for our Community Lunch may be purchased at the Student Life table during the check-in and registration period and right before the Community Lunch.
For even more updates and to learn what is happening on campus, follow us on Twitter at SWU_StudentLife.
We look forward to serving you and any additional guests this upcoming August. We thank you for your commitment to Southern Wesleyan University and appreciate the opportunity to welcome you as a member of the Warrior Nation.