All freshmen residents live in Stuart-Bennett Hall. It is co-ed by floor, men on the second and third floors and women on the fourth and fifth. Stuart-Bennett rooms are 12’ x 16’ and include the following:
- local phone service with voice mail and caller ID
- cable TV hookup
- Internet access
- two single beds (may be stacked)
- two dressers (three drawers)
- two desks with chairs
- two closets with shelves
- one sink with medicine cabinet
- window size is 46” (W) x 48” (L) with a mini-blind
- floors are not carpeted
- mattress size is 39” X 80” (extra-long twin sheets are best, long twin will work)
Freshman Mentoring Program
Our Freshman Mentoring Program is designed to help incoming freshmen transition from high school to college and a more independent way of life. Upperclassmen mentors are spaced throughout freshmen housing in order to provide information, guidance, friendship, and leadership as new students figure out how to navigate college challenges.
We choose upperclassmen mentors that will model our core values and help freshmen do the same:
- Purpose: A specific calling for a unique role in our world.
- Scholarship: Academic excellence in an innovative faith-centered environment.
- Community: Belonging to a connected and compassionate body of learners.
- Transformation: Christ’s redemptive work in individual and corporate life.
The Freshman Mentoring Program is designed to expose freshman to the various resources and opportunities on campus and to equip freshmen to be independent and successful through the end of their college career.