New Student Orientation
Fall 2013 Orientation - August 16-18, 2013
Medical Release Form - must be completed and returned before class registration
To prepare you for your life as a SWU Warrior, we have prepared a three-day orientation session beginning on Friday, August 16 and lasting through Sunday, August 18 called Warrior Training.
Several things are going to happen during this training period:
- You will have a chance to confirm your class schedule and conclude the registration process.
- You will have an opportunity to move-in and set-up your residential living space. If you are a commuter, there will be several sessions to help you meet other commuter students.
- You will learn about resources available on campus to assist you in your success.
- You will meet other students, faculty, and staff committed to your ongoing success as a SWU student.
- We will help you reduce the anxiety that occurs during the transition to college life
- We will introduce you to the traditions and culture of our community.
New and Transfer students can register for Warrior Training by clicking on the “Register Here” button at the top of this page.
There are other resources available to you. If you look at the left sidebar, you will see links to the orientation schedule, orientation meal information, and a checklist of items that need to be completed during orientation.
Special Note to Parents
Parents and other family members are welcomed to join us. In fact, we have two very special times incorporated in the schedule where your participation is important. Extra meal tickets for parents and other guests may be purchased online through the registration portal.
We look forward to serving you and any additional guests this upcoming August. We thank you for your commitment to Southern Wesleyan University and appreciate the opportunity to welcome you as a member of the Warrior Nation.