When you first considered attending Southern Wesleyan University, you might have wondered, “what is there to do in Central, South Carolina?” To help you out a bit, I decided to compile a list of some of my favorite places that friends and I have visited to eat, hang out, study, and just have fun adventures together.
- Chick-Fil-A (Clemson) I mean…it’s the Lord’s chicken…
- Cookout (Clemson) You can never go wrong with Cookout at midnight.
- Five Guys (Clemson) “The Willy-Wonka’s of burgers.”
- Fiesta (Central) Just trust me and go.
- Palmetto Pizza (Central) Literally the best pizza you will put in your mouth!
- Your Pie (Clemson) Like Subway…but for Pizza…
- 4 Paws (Clemson) Utterly incredible!
- Insomnia Cookie (Clemson) Cookies, cookies, and more cookies.
- Jitters Brewing Company (Central) A brand new coffee shop (started by a SWU alumna) that I LOVE!
- All-In (Clemson) Christian coffee and desserts. You could sit in here and work ALL DAY.
- Starbucks (Clemson) For all your coffee needs.
- Potter’s Place (Next to SWU’s Campus) A great spiritual retreat.
- Coyote Coffee (Easley) Can you tell I like coffee?
- Spill the Beans (Clemson) Ice cream, coffee, comfy couches…what more could you need?
- Twelve-Mile Recreation Area (Clemson) Stop by Lake Hartwell and catch some rays!
- Twin Falls (Sunset) Beautiful hikes and waterfalls. Watch a video of the hike here.
- Lake Jocassee (Sunset/Salem) Water so clear, you can see your feet.
These are just some of my favorite places to go with friends! Whether you’re looking for a quiet place to study and be alone, or you’re wanting an adventure, the area around SWU has quite a lot to offer. There’s plenty to get out and do together!