WHY I SWU
At Southern Wesleyan University, we understand the decision to go back to school as an adult does not come easy. It’s an investment in yourself that requires both time and financial commitments.
This year, SWU wants to help make the decision easier by investing in YOU.
SWU Online will be giving away one full-tuition scholarship for the 2019-2020 academic year.
WHAT’S YOUR WHY?
Registering to win a full-tuition scholarship at SWU is easy.
- Choose your degree and submit your application for admission
- Get accepted to start classes this fall (August 2019)
- Tell us your WHY
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must apply for admission and be accepted by July 31, 2019.
Everyone’s WHY is different. Vanessa, Tim, Ebony, and Nicole chose SWU for financial stability, personal growth, and endless opportunities for their career and families.
Listen to Vanessa's WHY
Listen to Tim's WHY
Listen to Ebony's WHY
Listen to Nicole's WHY
Rules and Eligibility
Students may apply to SWU without participating in the WHY I SWU Full-Tuition Scholarship Giveaway. If you choose to participate in the tuition giveaway, the following rules and requirements apply:
- You must be a new Southern Wesleyan University (SWU) Online student or an alumnus of SWU looking to earn an additional degree.
- You must enroll in one of the programs* offered by SWU Online to be eligible for the giveaway.
- You must apply, complete all necessary paperwork, and be accepted by July 31, 2019 to be eligible to enter the giveaway.
- You must be fully accepted into the University and begin your academic career in August 2019.
- You must plan to remain enrolled for the entire 2019-2020 academic school year (Fall and Spring) at the time of acceptance into the University.
- Students accepted into the University for the Fall 2019 semester (August 2019) will receive an email containing a link to the WHY I SWU Full-Tuition Scholarship Application webpage. You must complete and submit the application by August 5, 2019 to be eligible to win.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the review committee, and a single winner will be chosen.
- The winner will be notified by August 9, 2019. Those who do not win will not receive a notification.
- If selected as the winner, you must confirm acceptance of the scholarship with SWU by August 12, 2019.
- If selected as the winner, you agree to allow SWU to publish your name in press releases or other online articles about the full-tuition scholarship giveaway.
- The scholarship pays for tuition and only covers the cost of credit hours required to graduate. It does not include the cost of books, excess credit hours beyond those required by core curriculums, or other fees.
- The one-year full-tuition scholarship must be used during the 2019-2020 academic year. The scholarship expires on June 30, 2020.
- The one-year full-tuition scholarship may not be transferred and has no cash equivalent.
Eligibility: You are not eligible if you or a member of your immediate family or household (even if not related) is an employee of Southern Wesleyan University. “Immediate family” includes spouses, parents, children, siblings, and stepparents/children/siblings, whether or not living at the same residence.
You must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
*You must enroll in one of the following eligible online degree programs: BSBA, BSHS, ECFS, RNBSN, MEDCL, MEDAS, MEDEI, MBA, MSML, or EdD.
Entry Limits: Eligible students who wish to participate must submit their WHY I SWU Full-Tuition Scholarship Application by the entry deadline. Limit one (1) entry per person. You may not use more than one (1) name or residential or email address.
Notification: The winner will be notified via both email and telephone. A total of three attempts will be made to notify the winner. If contact is unable to be made or the winner does not respond to messages by the required response deadline, the scholarship will be considered forfeited.