The Claude R. Rickman Library engages the Southern Wesleyan University community by supporting and cultivating scholarship and creativity through access to staff, services, and resources.
- Provide services to help students develop critical thinking skills in the process of locating, evaluating and using information effectively and ethically.
- Encourage collaborative learning by partnering with university academic and support departments.
- Build a relevant physical and virtual collection that is user-friendly and well-maintained.
- Provide aesthetically pleasing and comfortable facilities that encourage study, research, creativity, and collaborative learning.
- Foster productive relationships with the SWU Community, including students, facutly, staff, and outside users.
- Provide equivalent access to Rickman Library staff and services at all locations and for all degree programs.
- Hire and develop helpful and competent librarians and staff necessary for all library operations.
- Encourage an ongoing process of analysis and adaptation to a rapidly changing information landscape.
- Cultivate an appreciation of the heritage of Southern Wesleyan University through the development of appropriate historical collections.
Regular Academic Year Hours
|Monday - Thursday||7:45 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.|
|Friday||7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||1:00 - 5:00 p.m.|
Hours may vary during breaks in the academic schedule. The 24-hour study room is available when the library is closed. Students must have a chip-enabled ID card to access the 24-hour room.
Call: 864-644-5060 (main number)
Use LibAnswers when the library is closed.