This website is intended to represent accurately the academic programs, policies and personal expectations of the university for the academic year. However, routine changes in programs and in financial charges may occur and will apply to the academic year. Because the university reserves the right to withdraw or add offerings and make other necessary changes this website is a guide and is not an irrevocable contract between the student and the university. The university is not liable for inadvertent errors or for statements made by faculty of advisors contrary to published requirements.
As you browse our website, advertising cookies may be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. Our cookies do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. However, personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Authentication: to identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate our website
- Security: to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services generally
- Advertising: to help us display advertisements that will be relevant to you, including remarketing
- Analysis: to analyze the use and performance of our website and services
You can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance to identify and opt out of cookie-based targeted advertising. Alternatively, you can opt out of third-party cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
In addition, your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device's help material.
Cookies Used by Our Service Providers
We use Facebook Advertising. The information gathered by Facebook cookies is used to serve you with relevant advertising based on your interests and use of our website. You can opt out of seeing online interest-based ads from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe
Southern Wesleyan University intends to comply fully with the Family Privacy Act of 1974 as amended. The policy statement on file in the Office of Academic Records explains the procedures for compliance, and copies are available on request. The following categories of personally identifiable information have been designated as public or "directory" information that may be disclosed for any purpose without student consent:
- Local and permanent address
- Telephone number
- Date and place of birth
- Major field of study
- Dates of attendance
- Degrees and awards (including scholarships) received
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Weight and height of members of an athletic team
Currently enrolled students may withhold disclosure of information in any category by completing the appropriate form available in the Registrar's Office. Written requests for non-disclosure will be honored for a maximum of one year. Southern Wesleyan University assumes that failure to complete the request indicates approval of disclosure. The law also provides the following rights for students with respect to their education records:
- To inspect and review information contained in records
- To challenge the content of records
- To be granted a hearing if the outcome of the challenge is unsatisfactory to the student
- To submit an explanatory statement for inclusion in the record if the outcome of the hearing is unsatisfactory
- To prevent disclosure, with certain exceptions, of personally identifiable information
- To secure a copy of the Southern Wesleyan University policy of education records