Library Information for Adult Evening Students
Where is the Library?
At least 80-90% of the resources we offer students are available online at www.swu.edu/library including eBooks, millions of journal articles, and a live chat service for research help.
The physical library is located at the main campus in Central, SC.
Students may also use their SWU student ID card to check out books at nearly every academic library in South Carolina. (see participating institutions)
Getting Started with Research
Borrowing Library Materials
SWUcat (items Rickman Library owns)
- Search for items
- Use the Request Materials form to have items MAILED DIRECTLY TO YOUR HOUSE.
PASCALCAT (items in academic libraries across SC)
Visiting Patron - Allows any SWU student to take their ID to a participating PASCAL library and check out books. For example, if a Charleston AGS student needs a book located at Charleston Southern University, he or she can go directly to Charleston Southern’s library and check out the book.
Pick-Up Anywhere - Allows students to request books through PASCALcat and have the books delivered to a participating academic library for pick-up. For example, if a Charleston AGS student requests a book that is located at USC-Columbia, he or she can have the book sent directly to Charleston Southern, the College of Charleston, or another participating library for pick-up. (In the past, books would have to be delivered to SWU’s main campus and then mailed to the AGS student’s home.)
- All of our databases are available both on-campus at our Learning Centers, the main campus in Central, AND off-campus as well.
- To connect off-campus, you will need the SAME username & password that you use to login to MySWU or your SWU email account. (Example: username = john.smith; password = smith12345)
- Unless you have intentionally changed your email password, it is your last name plus the last 5 digits of your social security number.
- If you are still unable to access our databases, please go to the MySWU homepage and do the password reset.
- Call us if you still have problems at 864-644-5060 or email and we will make sure you get what you need.
Rickman Library provides one-on-one reference service at any time during our open hours (see the bottom of our website). Please email , call 1-800-289-1292, ext. 5060 or 864-644-5060, or visit our live chat to speak with a reference librarian.
Business Programs Resources (BSBA, MSM, MBA)
Business LibGuide (library resources/links for all business students)
Master of Education Resources
This database is usually the best starting point for research in education. Use the thesaurusto help identify the terms ERIC uses.
This database contains articles on topics involving cognition, learning disabilities, and other psychological and behavioral aspects of learning will benefit from a search of this database.
Use this for research on social factors that affect education.
This interdisciplinary database has information on many subjects, including Education.
EDUC 5113 Philosophy of Education
Education Resource Guide - A list of resources that can be used for this class
EDUC 5263 Educational Research I
SWU Guide to Finding Research Articles in ERIC