Regional Science Fair
Hosted by Southern Wesleyan University
March 13, 2015
Registration deadline: February 27, 2015
Science fairs provide an opportunity for students, 3rd through 12th grades, who are interested in science and technology to pursue their personal areas of interest and to display their research as a presentation in a public competitive forum. The Regional Science Fair at Southern Wesleyan University serves the counties of Pickens, Oconee, and Anderson and works to create enthusiasm in science and technology through project-based inquiry. The fair gives area students the chance to compete for cash awards and other prizes.
You can read the project guidelines here.
Find project ideas, score cards, the campus map and more.
Sign up for the 2014 Science Fair!
Tentative Schedule for 2015
|8:00-9:00||Arrive, check in at registration table, and set up project – Founders Hall|
|9:00-9:15||Opening Assembly in Newton Hobson Fine Arts Center Auditorium|
|9:00-10:30||Participants with Science Club members at chosen activities – specific activities to be announced|
Session leaders will return participants to Founders Hall to answer judge’s questions. (Students only – no parents or teachers, please). Activities and sessions for parents and teachers – specific sessions to be announced.
|11:30-12:30||Lunch for participants in the Dining Commons.|
|11:30-1:30||Projects are open for public viewing.|
|12:45||Awards Ceremony in Newton Hobson Fine Arts Center Auditorium|
Following Awards Ceremony, return to Founders Hall to collect project board, participant goody bag, and other materials.
2014 Regional Science Fair Award Winners
Winners in each division received a plaque and cash awards: 1st place, $50; 2nd place, $30; 3rd place, $20.
3rd Grade Division
- 1st Place - Mattie Adair, Oconee Christian Academy
- 2nd Place - Olivia Nix, Oconee Christian Academy
4th Grade Biological Science
- 1st Place - Brianna Thomason, Northside Elementary School
- 2nd Place - Riya Naik, Northside Elementary School
- 3rd Place - Laura Ivankovic, Clemson Elementary School
4th Grade Physical Science A
- 1st Place - Katie Tallie, Talley Homeschool
- 2nd Place - Aiden Sullivan, Northside Elementary School
- 3rd Place - Pheoby Hayes, Central Elementary
4th Grade Physical Science B
- 1st Place - Sarah Watson, Watson Academy
- 2nd Place - Rohan Hayes, Central Elementary
- 3rd Place - Emily Parham, Central Elementary
5th Grade Biological Science
- 1st Place - Levi Leard, Oconee Christian Academy
- 2nd Place - Layla Forrester, Six Mile Elementary School
- 3rd Place - Matthew McCaskill, Clemson Elementary School
5th Grade Physical Science
- 1st Place - Bryant Garrison, Six Mile Elementary School
- 2nd Place - Jacob Hendricks, Six Mile Elementary School
- 3rd Place - Jackson Crosby, Six Mile Elementary School
6th & 7th Grade Division
- 1st Place - Summer Feiste, RC Edwards Middle School
- 2nd Place - Toby Pasui & Sam Talley, Talley Homeschool & Middlecreek Classical Academy
- 3rd Place - Julia Blouin, RC Edwards Middle School
8th Grade & High School Division
- 1st Place - Emily Willis, Willis Homeschool
- 2nd Place - Hannah Proctor, Proctor Homeschool
- 3rd Place - Tinley Johnson, Millstone Academy
- 2nd Place - Hisham Dimashkieh, Clemson Elementary School
- 3rd Place - John Thomas Turpin, RC Edwards Middle School
BorgWarner Engineering Award - winner of $100 and special trophy
- Gunnison Alexander, Northside Elementary School
Grand Champion Award - top project at fair, received a Kindle Fire
- Katie Talley, Talley Homeschool
SWU Computer Science Award - top project to utilize computes, received a laptop computer
- Emily Willis, Willis Homeschool