Alumni Association Mission
The overall mission of the Alumni Association is to support enthusiastic and informed ambassadors for the university through service, involvement and effective communication.
Alumni Association Purpose
The purpose of SWU Alumni Association is to geographically coordinate efforts of SWU alumni and friends, encourage support of SWU, foster association of former students and promote SWU within one’s community, while providing leadership in support of SWU.
Meetings are held on the main campus three times per year, typically February, April, and October. Meetings involve presentations from the president and other university leaders, deliberation on the best ways to further our mission, and action taken in the form of committees.
- President: April Nieves ’90
- Immediate Past President: Roger Lampkin ‘10
- President-Elect: Priscilla Bray Hammond ‘06
- Executive Director/Treasurer: Joy Bryant ‘92
- Secretary: Ethan Cashwell ’12
The minutes from the previous two years of meetings are here for the use of the board, committees, and other alumni. If you require records from any other meeting, please contact the secretary at or 864.644.5383.
- Official Minutes - April 30, 2016
- Official Minutes - February 6, 2016
- Official Minutes - October 30, 2015
- Official Minutes - April 11, 2015