Here is a checklist of things to do that need to be taken care of during New Student Orientation.
Note: You might have already taken care of some or most of these items at a New Student Registration Day.
Required Registration Items
- ID Card: Have your ID card created.
- Review Financial Aid Package: Review your financial aid package and address any questions with a financial aid counselor.
- College Payment Plan: Review your bill and make appropriate arrangements with a student accounts representative.
- MySWU: Learn how to log into your MySWU account.
- Medical Forms: Make sure you have submitted all necessary medical paperwork to the University Nurse (e.g. medical history form and immunization form).
- Get your Books: Our virtual bookstore is located at swu.ecampus.com. At eCampus, you can order all of your books for the upcoming semester.
Required for Residential Students
- Pay the Housing Deposit: This is part of the admissions process, however if you have not done this yet and you are interested in living on campus, call the Housing Office at 864-644-5191.
- Select a Meal Plan: Review available meal plan options for your housing location. Pick the option that works best with your lifestyle.
- Complete Housing Forms: Complete the Residential Check-In Form, check the condition of your room, report any maintenance concerns, and complet the Student Housing Contract.
Required Orientation Activities
- Twitter: Follow us on Twitter @SWU_StudentLife for orientation updates all weekend long.
- Instagram: Orientation pictures throughout the weekend @swu_nso.
- Find Facebook Friends: Interact with other new students on social media and at different orientation sessions.
- Get your Mailbox Combination: Personal mailbox information will be available in the Orientation Guidebook and Planner. If you do not attend orientation, stop by the Student Life Office to pick up your booklet.
- Get your Login and Password Information: Personal login information will be available in the Orientation Guidebook and Planner. If you do not attend orientation, stop by the Student Life Office to pick up your booklet.
- Meet your Orientation Leader: Your orientation leader will be one of the first mentoring relationships you will develop here at SWU. Their job is to help you through orientation weekend as well as your first semester at SWU.
- Find your Classes: In one of our group "challenges" your orientation leader will lead your orientation small group around campus to help you identify where all of your classes will be located.
- Warrior Pride Day: Wear your “Warrior Pride” t-shirt on Saturday!
- Meet your Advisor: All academic advisors will be available to meet on Monday, August 22 from 1:15-4:30 p.m. Your orientation leader will help you identify your advisor.
- Get Involved: Register to participate in SWU Intramurals by visiting the IM Leagues page.
- Contact the Student Success Coordinator: Contact Martha Mishoe at if you want to know more about tutoring and learning services, or if you have a documented disability and would like to seek appropriate accommodations.
- Register your Vehicle: If you will be bringing a vehicle to campus, you need to register it in order to receive a parking decal. You can register online at http://my.swu.edu. You will need your mySWU login information.
- Find your Parking Location: Use the parking map located inside your Orientation Guidebook and Planner and find the appropriate parking location for your vehicle.