2015 Homecoming SCHEDULE
Friday, October 30:
- SWU Admissions Preview Day
Alumni and friends with students of all ages are encouraged to take advantage of the great preview activities happening around campus including a chapel experience, guided tours, a complimentary lunch, and a division fair. Call (864) 644-5550 for more information.
- National Alumni Board Meeting: 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Folger Auditorium
The National Alumni Board is an organization of former SWU students working to engage alumni in the life of the University. Interested in serving with the board? Call (864) 644-5383 for more details.
- 50 Year Class Reunion and 2015 Honored Guest VIP Dinner: 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Enjoy a VIP Dinner with Alumni Awardees and guests, along with the Class of 1965 as they celebrate their 50 year class reunion. VIP Concert Ticket $25 each includes dinner, concert, and awards program. As seats are limited, please call (864) 644-5384 for more information.
- Alumni Awards and Homecoming Kickoff, featuring the Rick Webb Family and SWU University Singers: Doors open at 6 p.m. Concert Begins at 6:30 p.m., Newton Hobson Chapel
Kickoff Homecoming right as we honor the lives and accomplishments of Damon Qualls, Dr. Vicki Dill Luther, Dr. Ashley Joiner George, Dr. Keith Connor, and DePayne Middleton-Doctor.
Enjoy an evening of moving stories and awards, featuring exceptional entertainment by the Rick Webb Family, and a special performance by the SWU University Singers.
Tickets are $10 per person. Purchase Tickets online, or by calling (864) 644-5383.
- Run 2 Fall 5K - "Ready, Set, GLOW! - 9 p.m.
Registration starts at 8 p.m., $25 registration fee for adults, $10 for currently enrolled SWU students, $10 for kids. Kids’ race starts at 8:45 p.m. Runners/walkers start at 9:00 p.m. Prizes will be awarded for Men’s, Women’s & Children’s divisions.
Saturday, October 31:
- 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., Outside Newton Hobson Chapel and Fine Arts Center
- 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sheriff National Guard Memorial Flag Plaza
Stop by Registration in the morning or afternoon for your free SWU lanyard, coupons for free snow cones, free popcorn, discounts to campus stores, and wristbands for the Kids Zone inflatables. Buy lunch tickets and pick up your pre-ordered Blue Boxes here too!
- Coffee with the President: 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Lobby of Newton Hobson Chapel and Fine Arts Center
Chatting with the President over a free cup a’ joe is a classic homecoming tradition. Grab a free Krispy Kreme Doughnut and mix and mingle in the lobby and outside Newton Hobson Chapel and Fine Arts Center.
- Homecoming Chapel: 10:30 am to 11:30 a.m., Newton Hobson Chapel
Come and gather with us as we worship together, introduce our homecoming court, and celebrate what God has been doing in our midst.
- Homecoming Parade: 11:45 a.m., Wesleyan Drive
Right after chapel, stick around Wesleyan Drive to catch the homecoming parade. This celebration of spirit and creativity invites all members of the community to participate, and members of the campus to compete for the Founder’s Cup Trophy. Is your organization interested in participating? Call (864) 644-5383. Follow the parade to the tent behind the Sheriff National Guard Memorial Flag Plaza for lunch!
- SWU, Blues, and BBQs: 12 p.m., Lunch Tent, Behind the Sheriff National Guard Memorial Flag Plaza and Beside Joe R. Gilbert Track and Field
Join us underneath the big tent behind the flag plaza and beside the new track and field for a barbeque lunch with all the fixin’s! As you eat, enjoy the sounds of local blues talent on the Fill the Hill Stage. Reserved seating will be available for the classes of 1975, 1985, 1995, and 2005.
Cost is $7.75 per person. Purchase your BBQ ticket at the registration tent.
- Kids Zone: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Beside Joe R. Gilbert Track and Field
Enjoy FREE bounce houses and inflatables beside the new track and field! Pick up a wristband for your child at the registration tent.
- Vendor Village: 12:00 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Take advantage of the vendor area near the Joe R. Gilbert Track and Field. Purchase SWU gear from the mobile bookstore tent and browse tables set up by members of the local community!
If you would like to be a vendor, please click the link below for details and a registration form.
- Music on the Fill the Hill Stage: 12:00 p.m. to 5 p.m., Beside Joe R. Gilbert Track and Field
Bring your lawn chair and plan to listen to some incredible local talent on the Fill the Hill Stage all afternoon, within sight of the Kids Zone and the soccer games.
- Food Truck Row: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., Behind Joe R. Gilbert Track and Field
Purchase your favorite snacks at one of the several food trucks available before heading to watch the soccer games!
- Women’s Soccer Game: 1 p.m., Joe R. Gilbert Track and Field
Join us as the Women’s Soccer Team celebrates senior day, and scores goal after goal against Pfeiffer at the inaugural soccer game at the Joe R. Gilbert Track and Field. Our Senior Lady Warriors from the soccer team will be recognized prior to the game.
- Family Photos, Selfies, Reunion Photos, and Friends: All Day, Beside Joe R. Gilbert Track and Field
All day, the Homecoming backdrop will be available for you to stop by for the perfect selfie or group photo. This will be set up at outside the gate at the soccer field near Vendor Village.
- National Anthem and SWU Alma Mater: 3:15 p.m., Joe R. Gilbert Track and Field
- Men’s Soccer Game: 3:30 p.m., Joe R. Gilbert Track and Field
Stand with us as we hear the SWU Concert Choir perform the National Anthem and SWU Alma Mater before we win another victory against Pfeiffer!
- Homecoming Coronation: Halftime of Men’s Soccer Game, Joe R. Gilbert Track and Field
Celebrate with us SWU’s best and brightest in the Homecoming Court Coronation ceremony.
- Women’s Volleyball Game: 5 p.m., Historic Tysinger Gymnasium
Make your way over to Historic Tysinger Gymnasium at 5 p.m. to watch the Volleyball Team win the day’s third victory against Pfieffer!
Schedule subject to change. Check back frequently for updates!