Services offered in the Health Center include:
- Provide first aid
- Provide non-prescription medications
- Perform blood pressure screenings, urinalysis, rapid strep testing rapid influenza testing, and visual screening
- Weight screenings and assistance with weight management
- Free pregnancy screenings
- Pregnancy counseling for both planned and unplanned pregnancies
- Referrals for STD testing and counseling
- Educational Services include: self-care handouts and brochures, monthly e-newsletters for employees and students, presentations for classes on health and wellness topics, and health center bulletin board
- Wellness Week each spring
- Flu Vaccination Clinic each year
- Blood Drive each semester
- Campus Physician in the University Health Center on Wednesday evenings
The Health Center is located on the first floor of the Stuart-Bennett Dormitory.
- Walk-in hours are posted on the Health Center door each week
- Appointments available upon request
Lori Herron earned her BSN degree from Clemson University in Clemson. She has served as a nurse for more than eight years. Her experience includes working with a hospital, family practice medicine, and public school nursing. Nurse Herron is on call at all times for emergencies.
Local area doctors are in the Health Center each week to students on a first come first serve as needed basis.