- Science Fair projects may be completed by individuals or groups of students. Each student exhibitor must be registered and all forms must be submitted by the deadline. (Friday, February 16, 2018)
- Projects may be completed as a class. However, each entry to the Region 1 Science Fair must have their own unique data. If data is collected as a group, a single project should be entered as a Group Project. No group may have more than 3 students associated with a single project.
- Upon arrival at the Science Fair, participants should check in at the Registration Desk. Projects/display boards may be set-up following receipt of registration materials and location assignment.
- Elementary Division: Students enrolled in grades 3, 4, and 5. Each elementary school may submit a total of 10 projects.
- Junior Division: Students enrolled in grades 6, 7, and 8. Each middle school may submit a total of 10 projects.
- Senior Division: Students enrolled in grades 9, 10, 11, and 12. Each High School may submit a total of 10 projects. Please visit the Senior Division Requirements page to view the required forms for these projects.
Rules And Regulations
Projects that fail to meet these requirements will be disqualified.
- Students are NOT to bring their experiments with them to the fair. Pictures should be taken of your apparatus and included on your display or in your notebook. The only exception to this rule involves Technology or Engineering projects. No gas or running water can be supplied. Dangerous chemicals, open flame, and explosives will not be accepted in exhibits.
- Experimental procedures with animals, which involve discomfort, pain or death, or diets deficient in essential nutrients, will be disqualified. No live animals or plants should be brought to the fair.
- In all divisions (Elementary, Junior, and Senior), no more than 3 students may work together on a single project.
- Projects must be within the following limits when set up for judging and students must provide their own display board for presentation.
30 in. (76 cm) deep, front to back
48 in. (122 cm) wide, side to side
108 in. (274 cm) high, floor to top including the table — table height is - 30".
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- There are additional requirements and restrictions for projects in the Senior Division. Please refer to the Senior Division Requirements for these forms and additional details.