Situated in scenic upstate South Carolina, the 350-acre main campus of Southern Wesleyan University is located in the town of Central, nestled in beautiful upstate South Carolina and surrounded by city life and outdoor attractions. With a major college town just next door, you’ll find all kinds of shops and restaurants nearby. Just a half hour from campus you can find tons to do in Greenville, a city with a nationally-recognized, award-winning downtown full of shops, restaurants, parks, theaters, and more. Even Charlotte and Atlanta are only a couple of hours away.
If you’re looking for adventure outdoors, SWU is perfectly located within minutes of beautiful lakes, mountains, waterfalls, and parks. Hike on the Foothills Trail or spend some time in the sun at Lake Hartwell. Whether it’s backpacking or kayaking, you can find your adventure here.
- The Peace Center - performing arts theater
- Greenville Symphony Orchestra
- Greenville Concert Band - previously conducted by retired SWU Professor Dr. Darryl Jachens for 22 years
- Easley Community Band - conducted by SWU Professor Greg Day
- The Arts Center of Clemson
- Foothills Playhouse
- Clemson Little Theater