Just a few of the possible ACSM certifications that this program will prepare you for are:
Health Fitness Certifications
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer® (CPT) -- Certified Personal Trainers develop and implement safe, effective exercise programs to help healthy individuals accomplish their fitness goals.
- ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist® (EP-C) -- Certified Exercise Physiologists, more advanced in degree than a personal trainer, work with individuals who have medically controlled diseases.
- ACSM Certified Group Exercise InstructorSM (GEI) -- Group Exercise Instructors teach effective, enjoyable group exercise classes and are able to modify exercises based on group needs.
- ACSM/ACS Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer (CET) -- Cancer Exercise Trainers train individuals affected by cancer, using understanding of cancer diagnoses, treatments, side effects and more.
- ACSM/NCPAD Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer (CIFT) -- Inclusive Fitness Trainers lead individuals with physical, sensory or cognitive disabilities through safe, adapted exercise.
- ACSM/NSPAPPH Physical Activity in Public Health Specialist (PAPHS) -- Physical Activity in Public Health Specialists promote physical activity in public health at national, state and local levels.
You will be prepared for graduate studies in:
- Exercise Physiology
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Health Psychology
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Athletic training
- Chiropractic medicine