Passionate, caring faculty with decades of education experience
Early Childhood Online Degree Program
The Early Childhood and Family Studies program does not lead to teacher certification or a teaching degree.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for preschool teachers is expected to grow by 17 percent from 2012 to 2022 (source).
SWU's top-performing degree programs are regionally accredited, taught by real-world experts, and offer the flexibility to earn as you learn. Apply online in just 15 minutes!
Southern Wesleyan University awards a 10% scholarship to employees of the South Carolina Head Start Association, Goodwill Industries, Pickens County, Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina, as well as other organizations. Click here for more information.
What You Will LEarn
Early Childhood and Family Studies students will:
- Know and understand young children’s characteristics and needs and the multiple influences on development and learning.
- Know and understand family and community characteristics and support them through respectful and reciprocal relationships.
- Understand the goals, benefits, and uses of assessment and practice responsible assessment.
- Use content knowledge to build meaningful curriculum in all curriculum areas.
- Uphold ethical standards and professional guidelines and engage in informed advocacy for young children, their families, and the early childhood profession.
Online Program Start Dates
Monday, August 24, 2020
Monday, January 11, 2021