PBS and PGS Grants — $4,000 ($1,000 per year)
Palmetto Boys State (PBS) and Palmetto Girls State (PGS) Grants are awarded to all program participants (except those who are awarded the PBS and PGS Scholarship). Participants will be confirmed via the official lists Southern Wesleyan University annually receives from the SC Palmetto Boys and Girls State Organization (PBGSO). SWU Fellow Full Scholarship recipients are not eligible because they receive a full tuition and room and board award from SWU.
PBS and PGS Scholarships — $14,000 ($3,500 per year)
One student each from PBS and PGS participants can be chosen to receive the Palmetto Boys State and Palmetto Girls State Scholarship.
- Any accepted student who has indicated PBS or PGS on their application, or whose name appears on the official list from PBGSO, will be invited by the Traditional Admissions Office to submit an essay on the topic “What it Means to Be a Leader” for consideration of the PBS and PGS scholarships.
- Essay must be submitted by January 15 of the enrollment year for consideration.
- Essay should be between 300-500 words in length.
- A selection committee will determine recipients of the $3,500 scholarship and make a determination no later than February 1. There will only be one scholarship winner annually for each PBS and PGS scholarship.
- In the event that there is only one student in each PBS and PGS category, students will still submit the essay and committee will determine if a scholarship will be awarded.
- Any SWU Fellow recipients are not eligible for the PBS or PGS Scholarship.