Please encourage all students and alumni to register with CareerBeam, a comprehensive, 24/7, user-friendly, self-paced program that helps students determine what they want in a career and offers the steps to achieve it. Faculty and staff can register as a student with a free account by your SWU email address. Please contact the Career Services office at 864-644-5149 to discuss options for class assignments or Class Workshops.
How do I Start Using CareerBeam?
Students: Click here to register a new account. Use your SWU email address to register.
Alumni: Click here to register a new account. No SWU email address is necessary.
How Can Students Benefit from CareerBeam?
- Self-evaluation: Take a look at who you are today. CareerBeam's unique career assessment tools factor in your values, temperament, interests and personality to help you develop — and achieve — career goals.
- Create professional resumes and cover letters: Whether you are writing a first-time resume or updating a previous one, use CareerBeam for building an accomplishment-based resume and cover letter.
- Prepare for interviews and beyond: Review interview questions with tips on answers; view videos of effective responses; or record your own answers for review and feedback.
- Networking & social media: ￼New approaches to job search integrate networking and many of today's ￼new technologies to penetrate a much more competitive job marketplace.
- Research on millions of companies: Including over 60M organizations in more than 170 countries; containing company overviews, key information and business intelligence. You’ll have access to 70M Company contacts, many with biographies and contact information, which is great for connecting with alumni.
- Research on hundreds of industries: Access to information such as recent developments, business challenges, trends and opportunities on hundreds of industry segments - get current financial information and insights as well.
- Job postings: The most updated job posting databases containing millions of jobs from multiple sources including internships, entry-level, professional and executive jobs. Postings are continuously authenticated to remove outdated postings and you can create alerts and find connections through social media.
“[The Career Services staff] has been one of most impactful people to me during my four years of undergrad career. There were times I thought I couldn’t get my documents together, but [Career Services staff] brought comfort and was willing to step in and help me through it.”
Shaq Brown, 2017 Graduate, Media Communications
“I used Career Beam, and I also received help with my resume, interview skills, and parts of my medical school applications. I found that the interview help was the most beneficial…After a lot of practice interviews and time meeting with Career Services, I was able to improve and refine my interview skills.”
Caitlyn Cross, 2018 Graduate, Biology