We are eager to help you, whether you are a student needing to plan your career or find an internship or job, a parent with questions about how our office can assist your student or an alumnus searching for a job. We offer many programs and services, which are highlighted here. We also are available for personalized one-on-one career advising.
Career Services has partnered with Handshake to replace our current SWU Career Link system for personalized job/internship recommendations and to register for career events and services.
Step 2: Upload your resume.
Step 3: Fill out your job preferences.
Step 4: Add experience to your profile.
Step 5: Follow five interesting employers.
- Self-Evaluation: Offers insight on your interests, values, and personality that aligns with your purpose.
- Research Employers: Gives you a more meaningful life as a result from knowing your best-fit educational and career paths.
- Take a lifelong journey: Supports you at any stage of your life whether you are considering going to college, ongoing education or a career change.
- Apply to Job Postings: Connects you to jobs based on your purpose by establishing your fit in a career with real employers.
or Learn More
- View 500+ resume samples that are customized to industry and experience level
- Use the Resume builder to easily and quickly create an impressive, professional resume
- View 45+ cover letter samples that are customized by experience level
- See samples for basic cover letters, thank you notes, letters to ask for a reference, and more!
- Practice your interviewing skills through the Big Interview website or app
- Free, online interview practice for current students and alumni
- Send your practice interviews for review and gain immediate feedback through AI technology
- Choose from dozens of interview sets and over 20 different industries/majors.
- Utilize nearly 40 lessons and learn all the best interviewing techniques to get you on track. Save your practice interviews to review later and get feedback from others
- View thousands of informational videos on jobs, industry professionals, and related topics
- Sort videos by industry, career title, and academic major in the Explore Careers section
- Review topics such as business etiquette, career exploration, reverse interviews, soft skills, and more in the Get Hired section
PDF Guides for More Assistance
“I found it incredibly helpful that [Career Services] was able to dedicate so much time to me and helping me achieve my personal goals. Without the attention to detail and help developing a wonderfully crafted resume I doubt I would have been able to pursue my dreams at my first choice graduate program.”
Mikkaela Bailey, 2017 Graduate, History