The Office of Financial Aid strives to offer families the best financial aid packages possible within the limitations of federal financial aid funding levels and our institutional student aid budget. Within these limitations, we understand certain circumstances may present your family with unique financial challenges. Therefore, we will consider various circumstances for appeal. Click the button below to fill out the financial appeal form.
Before submitting this form:
- You must be accepted to SWU
- Have filed the 2023 - 2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and include the SWU school code (003422). The FAFSA is available online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
Below are examples of circumstances that are typically considered for appeal:
- Loss of income (due to unemployment, divorce, separation, etc.)
- Death of a wage earner
- Unusual medical expenses not covered by insurance
- Significant improvement in academic achievement (e.g. test scores, high school GPA)
- Any other extenuating circumstances that fit outside of the examples above
Your financial aid appeal will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis within the limitations of federal financial aid funding levels and our institutional student aid budget. Completing this form does NOT guarantee an increase in your financial aid eligibility. The typical response time is two weeks.