Southern Wesleyan University mySWU and Email Account Information
Welcome to SWU! We look forward to having you on campus during the upcoming semester! One of your first steps after acceptance to the university is to complete your New Student Orientation. Your orientation is completed ONLINE in our student learning portal, which can be accessed through your mySWU account. In order to access this, you will need to set up access your access to your “mySWU” account. You will also need to setup your Office 365 email. The instructions below will walk you through setting these up:
Step 1: Setting up your SWU email (Office 365)
The Office 365 Web Suite is the web-based Microsoft subscription service you will use to access your university email.
- Click HERE (this will open up Office 365 online)
- Your SWU email address is .edu (where First is your First Name and Last is your Last Name – no spaces between the name. example: JohnSmith)
- Your Password will be
- If you provided your Social Security Number on your application, your password will be: #Warrior + Last 5 of Social Security Number (#Warrior12345)
- If you did not provide a Social Security Number on your application, your password will be: #Warrior + the year of your birth (#Warrior2022)
- The first time you access your SWU email via the Web Suite you will be asked to provide an alternate means of communication. This alternate means of communication will be used to verify your identity when you change your password via Office 365. Most students provide a cell phone number where they can receive a text for verification.
- Please note that the Office 365 suite is not compatible with Chromebooks
- Office 365 is also the source for accessing free licenses of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) Click HERE to learn more.
- All communications from SWU will be sent to your SWU email address. Please make sure you check it often!
Step 2: Setting up your mySWU Account
mySWU is a comprehensive web portal solution that delivers targeted, individualized information to our students. Through the mySWU portal, students can access: Online Courses, Student Email and more!
- To login to mySWU, visit my.swu.edu
- Enter your STUDENT ID number (you should have received this earlier) as your username and your password will be #Warrior + the year of your birth (example: #Warrior2022).
- If cannot sign in, or get an error, please reset your password by entering your STUDENT ID NUMBER as the username and clicking the “I forgot my password (ID Number required)” text underneath the password box. A series of prompts will allow to reset your password.
If you have problems with setup, do not hesitate contacting us at 864-644-5050 (8:30am – 4:30pm) or email: