The PASS (Promoting Athletic Student Success) Coordinator role is a part-time position. Expected average hours will be approximately 29 hours per week. Hours of work will vary week-to-week depending on the responsibilities during the semester. The PASS Coordinator Intern position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the PASS program, including but not limited to: scheduling of room hours, communication with faculty, coaches and student athletes, and planning of special events. This position works closely with other offices on campus to find ways to creatively identify and meet the needs of student athletes who are struggling academically.
- Assist the Faculty Athletic Representative in management of the PASS Program.
- Maintain records of student athlete participation.
- Communicate with students, faculty, other interns, and community members.
- Monitor the facilities for PASS use.
- Planning/scheduling workshops for student athletes.
- Develop supplemental resources for student athletes, included but not limited to how-to guides, frequently used forms, and surveys.
- Coordinate with the Office of Development on fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate community service efforts with local organizations.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills; excellent writing and verbal skills are required.
- Attention to detail and creativity are essential, as are the abilities to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Candidate should have some experience working with academically struggling/underprepared students.
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements. Visual acuity necessary to do editorial work, proof documents, and manage files. Requires ability to sit for periods of time in an interior office environment. May require infrequent lifting of objects up to 10 pounds, and occasionally items up to 50 pounds. Requires limited travel, and evening and weekend hours are to be expected.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening and credit check.
- $5,000.00 stipend (paid in equal payments over 11 months)
- On-campus housing provided including all utility costs (optional)
- Full meal plan when the campus dining commons is open (required)
- 50% discount for one of SWU’s online master's degree programs or 15% discount for one of Messiah College's online master's degree programs (optional)
Interested applicants must send a completed staff application with a cover letter and résumé by email to or by mail to:
Southern Wesleyan University
907 Wesleyan Drive
P.O. Box 1020
Central, SC 29630