Warriors at heart. Your campus experience may only last a few years, but your connection to Southern Wesleyan can last a lifetime. Stay connected to SWU through events, publications, and social media.

The faith-filled community at SWU is comprised of students, faculty and staff who are passionate about learning and growing, both inside and outside of the classroom.

Name or Address Change

It is the student’s responsibility to keep the Office of Academic Records informed of all address/phone number changes before, after and during each term.  Although other administrative offices and departments may be accepting address changes, the Office of Academic Records has been officially designated to maintain your student record.  Use the following form to manage your address online.

Legal Name:
Southern Wesleyan University requires a student’s full legal name to be included in his/her student record. Once the legal name has been determined, it becomes the official name of record and will remain unchanged unless legal documentation is provided to justify altering the original name on the student’s official record. A student’s legal name will be used on all external systems including notifications sent to hometown newspapers, official transcripts, enrollment verifications and other external notifications that may be required. In the case of a legal name change, the student must file a formal request with the Office of Academic Records.

Documents accepted to prove current legal name:

  • Social Security Card
  • Driver’s License or state issued identification
  • Marriage License
  • Birth Certificate

Preferred Name:
Southern Wesleyan University students may choose to identify themselves within the University community using a preferred name that differs from their legal name. Preferred names will be displayed to the university community where feasible and appropriate, provided that the name is not being used for the purpose of misrepresentation. To update preferred name, student must contact the Office of Academic Records.

Adult Evening Students - Address Change Form
Name or Address Change