Tutoring and Coaching
Peer tutoring is available in the Student Success Center (main floor of Rickman Library) or online for many SWU courses by advance appointment.
Peer writing coaches are available in the Writing Center (inside the Student Success Center) or online by advance appointment. Students can submit their writing for review ahead of time.
Success coaches who help with academic skills and connection to the SWU community, are also available in the Student Success Center by advance appointment.
Drop-in appointments are also welcome as available.
- Go to MYSWU – sign in - follow this link: swu.instructure.com/enroll/LHFTKA
- Enroll in Class
- Go Back to MYSWU and Login, Click student
- Under quick links click on Student Success Center
- Click on Tutoring & Coaching on the left in column
- Click sign up for appointment
- Next Click on find appointment
- Tutors’ schedules will appear click on area of study you will need and make appointment
Brainfuse Online Tutoring
Brainfuse is an online tutoring service for SWU students enrolled in online courses (course code ON**). Drop-in tutoring is available 24/7 in math, reading, writing, science, business, and computers & technology. In addition, Brainfuse offers academic tools for all SWU students which include flashcards, SkillSurfer practice tests, and lessons, MEET virtual meetings, LEAP diagnostic testing, language lab, Brainwave recorded notetaking and eParachute career aptitude tests. Students access their Brainfuse account through Canvas.
Accessing Your Brainfuse Account
To access your Brainfuse account through single sign-on, go to the navigation menu in your Canvas course and click on Brainfuse Online Tutoring. If you need help, you can reach Brainfuse technical support by emailing or calling 866-272-4638.
Learning Accommodations for Students With Disabilities
Southern Wesleyan University provides a variety of services for students with documented disabilities on a case-by-case basis. To qualify for services, students must contact SWU's Student Success Manager to begin the process of requesting accommodations. Contact Cindy Trimmier-Lee from the Student Success Center on the main floor of the library at or 864-644-5137 for more information.
Students can be assured of reasonable academic accommodations based on appropriate documentation as well as confidentiality in all matters of documentation and educational record.
Southern Wesleyan University is committed to creating a learning environment that meets the needs of its diverse student body without barriers to learning. All students at SWU will receive equal access to an education as well as equal and fair treatment in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, a federal civil rights law structured to provide equal opportunities for all people with disabilities, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 that protects individuals from discrimination based on their disabilities.
*Note: Accommodations does not handle emotional support animals, only service animals.
Scheduling an Exam
- Agree on a scheduled time to report to the Student Success Center to take your exam. You may email Mrs. Cindy Trimmier-Lee or stop into the Student Success Center office in person to schedule the exam.
- Once you have agreed on a time, email your professor, the time/release of the exam, and “cc” Mrs. Lee so that the exam can be released.
Equip Leadership Group
Greenville Office: 864-235-1421
Columbia Office: 803-779-5121
Paralyzed Veterans of America
South Carolina Commission for the Blind
888-335-5951 (toll free)
SC Department of Disabilities
South Carolina Talking Book Services
Local number: (803-734-4611)
The Rocketbook Fusion is a reusable pen and paper notebook that connects to the cloud using your mobile device! Simply write, scan, and then erase your pages using water.
The difference between high school and college:
- Students need to advocate for their own accommodations and educational support.
- Privacy statement: Your student’s medical documentation will not be shared with anyone outside of the SSC. Only your student’s accommodations information will be shared. Refer to the accommodation request form on the main page.
- Note to Parents: It is best to encourage your students to advocate for themselves. Students are advised to come to the SSC who is their biggest supporting advocate, to ensure that their accommodations are met.