Admission Requirements for Master of Science in Management and Leadership
- Submitted application
- $25 application fee
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Experience in a healthcare setting of at least one year (healthcare administration concentration student only)
- GPA of 2.7 or better on all undergraduate coursework or on the final 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- If GPA is less than 2.7 but better than 2.5, you may be granted conditional admission if approved by the Admission Committee
- If GPA is less than 2.5 and upon approval of the Admission Committee, you may take the GMAT and present a score of 450 or greater for consideration. Admission to the program is not guaranteed by taking the GMAT.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- Although you do not need to take a GRE or GMAT exam to be admitted, we do require that you take the Peregrine Comprehensive Business Exam within ten days after admission. This is simply to help pinpoint any business areas that may need to be strengthened. If an area is indicated, we strongly recommend you take any suggested Peregrine self-paced courses to ensure you will thrive in your graduate classes. Your advisor will provide you with details.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language, you must submit an official TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper test), 213 (computer test) or equivalent evidence of proficiency in English.
Have questions? We can help. Connect with an admissions representative at 877-644-5557 or
Notice of Nondiscrimination
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendment of 1972 and with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Southern Wesleyan University does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, or physical handicap in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. The university reserves its right to operate as a church-related institution and to develop policies consistent with the religious tenets of its sponsoring denomination, The Wesleyan Church.
Additional information related to SWU’s non-discrimination policies include:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Sexual Misconduct Policy (Title IX)
Online Student Graduation
Commencement ceremonies are held on SWU’s campus twice a year in May and December. Online graduates who complete their degree program of study at the conclusion of the summer semester will have their degrees conferred at the December graduation. Letters of completion are available to graduates who wish to confirm to their employers that they have completed their degree program upon request through the Office of Academic Records (
). We look forward to celebrating with you soon!