Strong Interest Inventory® Assessment
For nearly 80 years, the Strong Interest Inventory® assessment has helped organizations attract and retain the brightest talent and has guided thousands of individuals in their search for a rich and fulfilling life of work and leisure. The most respected and widely used career planning instrument in the world, the newly revised Strong is more powerful than ever, with major updates and new content that reflect the way we work and learn today: The more you learn about yourself and the work world, the more likely you will be able to identify careers that will bring you satisfaction and success. Contact the Career Services Center at 864-644-5150 for your SWU code. Then go to https://online.cpp.com to begin your assessment.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment is the most used personality assessment in the world. MBTI has a record of reliability spanning more than 50 years. It offers the student an understanding of individual differences and how they apply to the ways people think, communicate, and interact. These are very important as students prepare for life after Southern Wesleyan University. The MBTI with Career Report used at Southern Wesleyan will help students:
- Identify job families, or broad occupational categories, to help get them started in their career search
- Help students choose a specific job or career
- Aid students in select a college major or course of study
- Identify strengths and potential weaknesses of your type for the career search process
- Increase your job satisfaction
- Plan your career development strategy and action steps
Take the MBTI online. The MBTI assessment is used to develop individuals, teams, and organizations to meet today’s challenges in such areas as communication, team building, leadership, and career management.
PathwayU helps individuals evaluate their current sense of purpose at work by measuring the degree to which they are searching for a purpose, currently perceive a sense of purpose, and are currently living out a purpose in their careers.
- Self-Evaluation: Offers insight on your interests, values, and personality that aligns with your purpose.
- Research Employers: Gives you a more meaningful life as a result from knowing your best-fit educational and career paths.
- Take a lifelong journey: Supports you at any stage of your life whether you are considering going to college, ongoing education or a career change.
- Apply to Job Postings: Connects you to jobs based on your purpose by establishing your fit in a career with real employers.